DISAPPEARING FOR THE MISSING BY AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL - USE OF MEDIA
"Disappearing for the Missing" by Amnesty International is an initiative that uses the collective power of social media to reclaim those who have gone missing in a meaningful, innovative and impactful manner.We believe it can revolutionize the way we search for missing people. Awareness, an interconnected network of people, geospecific messaging—these are all inherent to social media, and also incredibly useful when it comes to finding those who have been abducted. So why let social media be just about socializing, when it can double as a powerful tool for justice? We believe "Disappearing for the Missing" proves that, and can become a powerful first step towards the mainstream use of social media for good.
Introducing "Disappearing for the Missing", a social media initiative created to find the missing together.
STEP BY STEP
1. Download the extension.
2. Based on geolocation, whenever someone in your area vanishes, your social media presence vanishes as well — transforming instead into a portal for the missing.
3. Informations and updates regarding the missing person are then posted through your social media, extending the search network to your friends—and the friends of your friends—for a personal, more community-oriented search.
4. Global brands can also contribute, by having their mascots and spokespeople temporarily disappear to increase public engagement with the initiative.
- Art Director's Club - TBA
- ADDYs (National) - American Advertising Federation - Gold
- ADDYs (4th District) - American Advertising Federation - Silver
- ADDYs (Local) - American Advertising Federation - Gold
- Creativity International Awards - Silver
- Golden Award of Montreux - Finalist
- Summit International Awards - Silver
Art Directors: Joao Magalhaes & Zuheir Kotob
Copywriter: Humberto Belli